What do I need to do before I can enroll my student in the driving course?
- Students must be 15 years old by the class start date
- Have Parent/Guardian consent if under 18 years of age
How can my student get a permit?
You will have to go to the Department of Licensing to get a permit. For students between the ages of 15-18, there are two ways to get a permit.
- (15 - 15 1/2 yrs old) Students will need a permit waiver issued electronically by us. This waiver allows students to get their permit 10 days before the first day of class. Before we can issue the waiver, students have to complete the Washington State Department of Licensing Pre-Application Process. This is how students will get their ID number (the one found on all of our ID cards beginning with our last name). We need this number to issue permit waivers.
- (15 1/2 - 18 yrs old) Students can either go the "permit waiver route" explained above or they can take the Washington State written exam and get their permit after they pass the test. Students will still need to complete the Pre-Application Process if they don't already have a Washington State ID card in order for us to input their test score.
PRE-APPLY FOR A PERMIT HERE
What do I need to bring to the Department of Licensing to get a permit?
- $25 dollars in check/cash for the permit
- Original birth certificate or passport
- Social security number (card not required)
- Corrective lenses (if needed) for vision test
What does the driving course consist of?
- Attend 15 classroom sessions (2 hours each)
- Attend 6 behind-the-wheel sessions (1 hour each)
- Attend 1 behind-the-wheel observation (1 hour)
- Written Exam is included at no extra charge
- Drive exam fee varies based on whether you use our vehicle or your own
- You'll need a passing score of 80% on the written exam
- You'll need a passing score of 80% on the driving exam